Started in 1983 as the Seneca Industrial and Economic Development Corp. (SIEDC), the Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership is a private, non-profit corporation dedicated to driving positive economic, downtown, and community development in Tiffin and Seneca County, Ohio, which consistently ranks among the top communities nationally for economic development.
The Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership has always supported economic development across Seneca County. However, the Rural Development Manager position was just recently created to increase the level of service and focus in the townships and villages. Our services are free to the townships, villages and businesses we work with.
Our mission is to facilitate projects and we do so by using a variety of tools and resources. Here are just some of the ways in which we can help businesses:
- Where to locate: We keep an up-to-date database of all available properties and buildings in Seneca County and can help with site selection for a new business or expansion project.
- Who to hire: Our workforce partner, Carol Kern of Ohio Means Jobs, can help find the right people to hire for your business.
- How to finance: We work with a number of local banks on business loans and can also connect you with many different financial programs through organizations such as the Small Business Administration, USDA Rural Development, Great Lakes Community Action Partnership, Jobs Ohio and more.
- Getting the word out: We put together press releases, help with social media and work with over 70 media partners to help market a new business or expansion. Our promotion frequently results in newspaper, print, online and even TV stories.
- Working through red tape: Our staff can help coordinate and manage zoning, regulatory, code, permit and licensing requirements. We also work closely with township, village, county and city officials to support business projects.
- Retention & Expansion: We will periodically check in with businesses to see if we can provide resources to help them grow or keep them going.
These are just some of the many ways in which our office can support businesses. Have questions? Reach out!
email@example.com or 419-561-0244