The OH-Zone Virtual Career Fair was April 13. The event was a collaboration of Seneca, Ottawa, and Sandusky counties as a substitute for the individual events normally held each spring for soon-to-graduate high school seniors, though any job seeker was welcome to participate.
Through a partnership with Regional Growth Partnership/JobsOhio, along with facilitator Montrose Group, there was no charge to employers to participate. The event was organized using the Brazen platform.
There were 69 employers registered, 603 sign ups and 510 registered job seekers. 310 job seekers participated and there were 580 chats were completed.
Seneca County Employers included
- American Fine Sinter
- Beck Suppliers – Friendship Stores
- Callies Performance Products
- Clouse Construction
- Concordance Healthcare Solutions
- Custom Glass Solutions
- E.C.I., Inc.
- Flat Rock Homes
- Kenneth G. Myers Construction
- MDBS LLC
- Morgan Advanced Materials
- NSI Crankshaft
- National Machinery
- New Housing Ohio
- Reineke Family Dealerships
- Seneca County Youth Center
- St. Francis Senior Ministries
- TPC Food Service
- Taiho Corporation of America
- Tecta America
- Tiffin Metal Products
- Volunteers of America – Autumnwood and Tiffin Rehab Center
- Webster Industries
Local schools included Calvert, Columbian, Hopewell Loudon, Mohawk, North Central Academy, Old Fort, and Sentinel Vocational Center, as well as other area schools.
Here were some testimonials from the day:
- “I would like to express my appreciation to the OhioMeansJobs teams, the local economic development organizations and our Operations Manager, The Montrose Group, for a highly successful three-county Virtual Career Fair," said Jeff Sprague, regional talent manager with the Regional Growth Partnership. "Finding job candidates continues to be a top priority for our businesses. This event connected more than 300 job seekers to our area companies - outstanding results!”
- Angie Morelock Public Relations & Communications Director, Vanguard Sentinel Career & Technology Centers: ““This virtual career fair was a great alternative to an in-person event for our students who are getting ready to start their careers. The experience of creating a resume, presenting themselves, and highlighting their skills to potential employers was invaluable and will no doubt prove to be beneficial in the very near future.”
- Crystal Hummel, HR Assistant at Tiffin Metal: “Tiffin Metal Products strives to be a premier employee in Tiffin! It was great to chat with so many eager students that are looking for opportunities! Thanks to all who organized the event or attended this event!”
- Casey Morrow, Workforce & Initiatives Program Manager for Sandusky Co. DJFS: “My work activity participant received interviews with Patrick Hoeph from Concordance Health Care and another interview on Monday with Cardinal Staffing. He mentioned this being his very first virtual career fair and not knowing how it would go. He reported it was very informative and employers got back with him very quickly! We loved hearing how excited he was about the opportunities he came away from the event with and that it was a good experience!”
- "I made a lot of contacts in a short amount of time." Branyon Winings, Collision Repair Technology
- "It allowed the company to see my resume fast." Nicholas Hale, Collision Repair Technology
- "The virtual job fair gave students the opportunity of larger career path options for everyone to see." Shawn Feyedelem, Collision Repair Technology
- "They were nice and answered every question that I had." Chandler Herr, Metal Fabrication/Welding
- "It gives students a good idea of what is out there, especially if you're unsure. It may open up your eyes to something that interests you." Lindsey Price, Metal Fabrication/Welding
- "There were great companies with good options for the students." Andrew Zoeller, Automotive Technology
- “We have never been able to participate at our partner school, so I loved that it was virtual and I got to learn about many different job opportunities out there.” Derrick Arbogast, Culinary Arts &Hospitality Management