Summarized from Heidelberg University's release/article on June 19 - https://www.heidelberg.edu/news/2021/donors-commit-77m-in-largest-berg-campaign-ever
Heidelberg University, a student-centered university combining liberal arts and professional preparation founded in Tiffin in 1850 with an alumni base of over 18,000, announced this past weekend that it successfully completed its ten-year Academic Comprehensive Campaign for Excellence (ACCE).
During alumni reunion weekend, President Rob Huntington celebrated the achievement: "The overarching goal of ACCE over the past 10 years ahs been to strengthen our core academic offerings and the accompanying co-curricular programming leading to student success, support of our faculty, and ultimately, to elevate Heidelberg among its peers. The impact of ACCE cannot be overstated."
Some of the investments with the funding include the following:
- Major renovation to Adams Hall
- Major renovation to Beeghly Library
- Major renovation to the Bryenton Center for the Honors Program and Pfleiderer Hall
- Investments in campus technology, science equipment, music and theater equipment.
- Investments in international study, internships and research.
- Creation of first three endowed faculty chairs in education, business, and natural science.
- Creation of a professional development fund.