Read full press release here (10/4/2021): “Local entrepreneur seeking investors to bring innovative product to market.”
- Type of Opportunity: Investment in a local start-up business.
- Opportunity ID: TSEO 2021-03, Project Shark.
- Posting Date: October 4, 2021.
- Closing Date: October 31, 2021.
- Pitch Event: October 20, 2021 6pm at 96 South Wash. St.
- To indicate interest or for more information: contact Audrey Flood at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419.561.0244.
Description of Opportunity
Apex Target Systems has designed and developed a working prototype for a patented state-of-the-art shooting target system that is portable, electronically-integrated, and cost-effective, with no true competitor. Established in 2015 by Tiffin entrepreneur and veteran Jamie Chester, the company has successfully raised $500,000 to date, including $150,000 in its first capital raise as well as $60,000 in grant funds through Bowling Green State University. Of the $50,000 sought, half will go towards error-proofing the software, with the remainder to function as working capital. A demonstration to the military is scheduled for mid-November. The military, law enforcement, and shooting ranges are the top market segments.
Product Description: “The Apex Target System can be easily programmed on your mobile device. The system executes the presentation of the targets in the order you assign, and fall based on the number of hits you assign to each target to make them fall, you can also assign maximum times that the target will be exposed. The mobile device calculates the time from the start tone until all targets are successfully engaged, or the time runs out, for the timed portion of scoring a run – as well as tracking target to target times. With the Apex Target System analytical and performance data can be instantly viewed on the mobile device controlling the sequence and any other mobile devices in Observation Mode logged onto the sequence. Skills and performance can instantly be gaged and tracked.” The product’s target market includes military and law enforcement training facilities, government agencies and sportsman’s organizations.
- Investment Ask: The business owner is looking for an additional $50,000 from an investor or investor group in exchange for 5% of the company. The company has raised a total of $500,000 to date.
- Timing: Interested parties may reach out for additional information now through October 31, 2021. The owner will pitch the business to potential investors on October 20, 2021 at 6pm and select the investor(s) shortly thereafter.
- Pitch Event: Please join us to hear from owner, Jamie Chester, as he showcases his product and answers questions in a presentation to investors on October 20, 2021 at 6pm at the TSEP office (96 South Washington Street, Suite A, Tiffin, OH 44883). Please RSVP to Audrey Flood at email@example.com or 419.561.0244.
Income & Support
- Income: As a start-up business, annual income is to be determined. The business owner can provide information about projected revenue and the business plan.
- Support: TSEP can provide support and connect the business to various resources.
How to Explore the Opportunity
- Contact TSEP Staff if you are interested: Contact TSEP Development Manager Audrey Flood at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 419.561.0244 to discuss your interest as a potential investor.
- More Information: After signing a Non-Disclosure Agreement, a copy of the business plan may be obtained.
- Future Entrepreneurship and Investment Opportunities: Please contact Corrina Haynes, email@example.com, to be placed on the email list for future opportunities.