Columbus, OH– Heritage Ohio, the state-wide preservation and downtown revitalization non-profit, held their annual awards ceremony at the Dayton Arcade on Tuesday evening, October 10th, as part of the opening of their annual Preservation and Ohio Main Street Conference. Eleven projects and people were recognized for their contributions to helping save the places that matter, live better, and build community.
The Award winners are:
- Best Main Street Committee Project: KENT sign, Kent
- Best Commercial Rehabilitation Project, Small City: Main Street Delaware Offices and Welcome Center, Delaware
- Best Commercial Rehabilitation Project, Large City: Connect Realty, Municipal Light Plant, Columbus
- Excellence in Craftsmanship: Woodland Cemetery Gateway, Dayton
- Best Downtown Placemaking: Downtown Sidney, Sidney Alive
- Historic Theater of the Year: Ashland Theatre, Ashland
- Main Street Business of the Year: The Greater Gouda, Delaware
- Main Street Director of the Year: Jenny Arntz, Main Street Wellington, Wellington
- Preservation Hero, Individual: Mick Schumacher, Monroe County
- Preservation Hero, Organization: Cleveland Restoration Society, Greater Cleveland
- Spirit of Main Street: Cole Hatcher, Main Street Delaware, Delaware
Downtown Tiffin received an Honorable Mention for Best Main Street Committee Project for their Kris Kringle Markt. The 2022 Downtown Tiffin Kris Kringle Markt was a resounding success, attracting a significant number of attendees and fostering a sense of community spirit. The event showcased the rich German heritage of Tiffin while supporting local businesses and charitable causes. The positive impact on downtown retailers, bars, and restaurants, along with the overwhelming support from various organizations and individuals, underscores the significance of this event for the community. With careful consideration of feedback and lessons learned, future editions of the Kris Kringle Markt have the potential to further enhance the holiday season experience in Downtown Tiffin.
Heritage Ohio promotes economic growth through the preservation and revitalization of downtowns and neighborhoods across Ohio. Heritage Ohio is the coordinating agency for the Ohio Main Street Program and is the designated statewide Ohio preservation partner with the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Through saving the places that matter we can all build a community and live better. Learn more about how to become involved by visiting www.heritageohio.org.