Press release provided by Vanguard-Sentinel Career and Technology Centers Fremont, Ohio: Vanguard Sentinel Career and Technology Centers will be hosting a public open house event on their Fremont campus located at 1306 Cedar Street on Sunday, October 14th from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. to celebrate 50 years of career technical education. The district first opened on September 9, 1968 and over the past 50 years has grown into an award winning school district that focuses on teaching skilled trades for in demand careers. As part of the celebration, Kayleen McCabe, host of DIY Network’s Rescue Renovation and vocational advocate, will be sharing her perspective about the importance of a skilled workforce and multiple paths to success. “We are confident that Ms. McCabe will not only be informative, but inspirational about the importance of career technical education and the endless career opportunities available with skilled trades” explains Greg Edinger, Superintendent. “Her energy is contagious and she is the perfect person to help us celebrate 50 years and to spread the message that what we do as a district is just as relevant today as it was in 1968.” In addition to Kayleen McCabe speaking and leading an interactive demonstration, other activities will also take place during the open house for visitors to enjoy and include:
- A Parade of Stars will highlight district Hall of Fame members and National Career Tech Service Organization gold medal winners since 1968.
- An all class reunion where all district alumni are invited to network with fellow alumni and sign in to represent their graduation year.
- Career tech programs will offer hands on activities for all to enjoy including hand massages, do-it-yourself craft and art projects, drone flight simulators, and much more!
- Building Tours will provide guests an opportunity to explore campus and see how it has changed and grown since 1968.
- A Staff Meet & Greet will allow the community and alumni to share thanks and appreciation for district staff who have made an impact.